P & A Assistant
Cardinal Slickline Services
Essential job duties include:
- Assist with rigs up and understands all components of a standard P&A equipment package.
- Assist with routine maintenance on engine and pump packages with supervision.
- Assist with identing and describe the function of wellhead components including valves, gauges, and pressure ratings.
- Has knowledge of the various wellbore components including tubing/casing details. Has basic knowledge of a wellbore schematic and the well plugging process.
- Knows the purpose and requirements of cement plug placement and the importance of accurate fluid displacements (volumetrics).
- Assist with loading and maintaining proper inventory levels of P&A toolbox.
- Maintains a current and accurate daily activity log.
- Identify each item in P&A toolbox and knows its purpose and proper use.
- Possess basic understanding of BOEMRE regulations regarding Permanent Well Plugging Requirements specified in OCSF water per 30 CFR 250.1715 Subpart Q.
- Understands calculations used to determine cement plug volumes based on information obtained from well bore schematics or well files.
- Assist with toolbox inventory and equipment inventory.
- Demonstrates reliability by reporting to work on time and can work 24 hour call out schedule.
- Ability to communicate with fellow crew members and supervisors by demonstrating respect and consideration for one another, contract personnel and visitors.
- Assist with Conducting required equipment maintenance.
- Complies with Quality Policies and Procedures and meeting Quality Objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
- High School or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years Oilfield experience to include and some P&A experience
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate the following:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form when applicable.
January 29, 2021