P & A Supervisor
Cardinal Slickline Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities·
- Rigs up and understands all components of a standard P&A equipment package.
- Performs routine maintenance on engine and pump packages with moderate supervision.
- Identify and describe the function of wellhead components including valves, gauges, and pressure ratings.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the various wellbore components including tubing/casing details. Understands a wellbore schematic and can explain the well plugging process.
- Knows the purpose and requirements of cement plug placement and the importance of accurate fluid displacements (volumetrics).
- Load and maintain proper inventory levels of P&A toolbox.
- Maintains a current and accurate daily activity log.
- Identify each item in P&A toolbox and knows its purpose and proper use.
- Possess basic understanding of BOEMRE regulations regarding Permanent Well Plugging Requirements specified in OCSF water per 30 CFR 250.1715 Subpart Q.
- Understands calculations used to determine cement plug volumes based on information obtained from well bore schematics or well files.
- Keeps toolbox inventory and equipment inventory.
- Demonstrates reliability by reporting to work on time and can work 24 hour call out schedule.
- Ability to communicate with fellow crew members and supervisors by demonstrating respect and consideration for one another, contract personnel and visitors.
- Conducts required equipment maintenance.
- Complies with Quality Policies and Procedures and meeting Quality Objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Level II – all of the above along with the following:
- Able to operate and supervised P & A Jobs.
- Knowledge of all routine P & A tools and their use.
- Demonstrates good customer relations/coping skills.
- Maintains all safety training.
- Provides mentoring for Short Service Employees.
- Must abide by any/all local, state, and federal regulations and to company policy.
- High School or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years Supervisor Oilfield experience to include 1-year P&A experience which includes 6 months P&A Rigger.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate the following:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form when applicable.