Mechanic – CT New Iberia
Cardinal Coil Tubing
Summary: Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, wireline units, power packs and other equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wires any system on Slickline/Coil Tubing units and/or vessels.
- Repairs hydraulic pumps and motors for our systems.
- Works on company vehicles to maintain good working condition.
- Ability to work offshore.
- Maintains a safe work area or job site by following Cardinal’s Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental (QHSE) and Standard Operating (SOP’s) procedures manuals.
Level II – all of the above along with the following:
- Equipment Familiarization. Should know how all equipment operates in order to trouble shoot.
- Should know DOT regulations and be able to inspect units to ensure compliance.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs jack-up boats and hydraulic systems on boats.
- Strip down an engine, repair and put together.
- Instruct/mentor Mechanic I’s in operations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- High School or equivalent preferred.
- Level I – Minimum of two years mechanic experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Level II- Minimum of ten years mechanic experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current Slickline/Coil Tubing practices and technology used in the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge, competency and experience in related field.
- Current practices, equipment, materials, and supplies used in the Slickline/Coil Tubing services business.
- Good verbal and written communication, and troubleshooting skills.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Accurately complete/maintain necessary reports/records in a timely and legible manner, according to applicable procedures and/or work order.
- Deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- See Functional Job Descriptions for Mechanic.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or re-assign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason.