Cardinal Slickline Services
Summary: Equipment Operators are primarily responsible for the running of down-hole tools and equipment while supervising and training Assistants. Should be continuously advancing their knowledge and skill set to move into a supervisor position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and mentors Slickline Assistants and completes on the job evaluations.
- Provides assistance the Slickline Assistants in some aspects of rigging up and down of equipment.·
- Operates Slickline unit performing down-hole work until job is completed for day.
- Checks all equipment to make sure it is secured and put away.
- Completes all field tickets and forward to appropriate processing office in a timely manner. Calls costs in daily.
- Acquires an acute knowledge of the current price book.
- Ability to trouble shoot down hole problems.
- Able to make gauge runs, inspect safety valves, run down-hole pressures and cut paraffin.
- Ability to complete gas-lift jobs.
- Ability to rig up 3/16 unit and grease seal unit with a supervisor.
- Performs simple fishing jobs.
- Ability to work a “24 hour on call” schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that all required training is current at all times.
- Responsible for attending all safety related meetings and follow all safety regulations and guidelines as defined by Cardinal or its customers.
- Maintains a safe work area or job site by following Cardinal’s Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental (QHSE) and Standard Operating (SOP’s) procedures manuals.
Level II- all of the above along with the following:
- Ability to understand and trouble-shoot problem wells and set pack-offs.
- Rig up 3/16 cable, swab, and run alloy lines, without a supervisor.
- Knowledge of fishing operations.
Senior Level- all of the above along with the following:
- Able to supervise any Slickline operation.
- Gaining the expertise to move into a supervisor position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises employees directly or through subordinate supervisors, while performing Slickline work.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Level I– Minimum of two to five years Slickline experience preferred and completed T-2 Training.
- Level II- Minimum of five to eight years Slickline experience preferred.
- Senior Level- Minimum of eight to ten years Slickline experience preferred.
- Current practices, equipment, materials, and supplies used in the Slickline services business.
- Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Accurately complete/maintain necessary reports/records in a timely and legible manner, in accordance with applicable procedures and/or work order.
- Deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.