Equipment Operator – CT New Iberia
Cardinal Coil Tubing, L.L.C.
Summary: Responsible for promoting safety, protecting the environment, driving company vehicles to and from location, operating and maintaining coil tubing and support equipment while performing quality services for clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Punctually reports to the shop at appropriate times every day except when on authorized days off.
- Work a 22 days on and 5 days off schedule, no exception without authorization from coordinators.
- Subject to working hours based on the expectation considered on Cardinal by our clients.
- Cleans and services all equipment during daily activity while in shop or on job sight.
- Ensures that the district is in compliance with and all Cardinal, customer and regulatory agencies’ rules, regulations, policies and procedures (i.e., quality, safety, environmental, personnel, training, etc.).
- Assists Supervisors in performing maintenance of equipment on job sight and while in shop.
- Communicates with maintenance personnel to ensure equipment is in working order and discuss necessary repairs and associated costs.
- Maintains a safe work area or job site by following Cardinal’s Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental (QHSE) and Standard Operating (SOP’s) procedures manuals.
- Drives to location, spots equipment into position, participates in the RU, execution and RD processes, performing his assigned task under guidance of his supervisor.
- Operate Fluid Pumps under direct supervision, monitor returns keeping supervisor informed on levels, operates choke system, mixes chemicals and cement and assist service hands in operational concerns.
- Never starts engines or energize any equipment without first obtaining permission from the Supervisor.
- Have a basic understanding of N2 operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all required training is current at all times and attending all safety related meetings as defined by Cardinal or its customers.
- Demonstrates behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible serving as a role model for all district personnel and customers.
- Assist the Supervisor as instructed if a well control issue occurs.
- Performs special assignments required of him by his immediate supervisor while in shop or on location.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Current practices, equipment, materials, and supplies used in the Coil Tubing services business
- Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Accurately complete/maintain necessary reports/records in a timely and legible manner, in accordance with applicable procedures and/or work order
- Deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pound on a frequent basis, and 100 pounds on an occasional basis from floor to waist
- Lift up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis from waist to overhead
- Standing frequently, up to 12 hours per day
- Walking occasionally, up to 1 hour per day
- Sitting occasionally, up to 4 hours per day
- Reaching at arm length
- Pushing/pulling up to 30 pounds
- Climbing up to 15 feet
- Grasping and use of hand tools. Operation of equipment controls
- Pass all physical requirements
- Able to wear Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) in IDLH atmospheres
- Work environment is primarily outdoors