Service Supervisor – Midland, Texas
Summary: Responsible for promoting safety, protecting the environment, driving company vehicles to and from location, operating and maintaining coil tubing and support equipment while performing quality services for clients.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities· Punctually reports to the shop at appropriate times every day except when on authorized days off.
- Work an on-call schedule, no exception without authorization from coordinators.
- Subject to working hours based on the expectation considered on Cardinal by our clients.
- Cleans and services all equipment during daily activity while in shop or on job sight.
- Ensures that the district is in compliance with and all Cardinal, customer and regulatory agencies’ rules, regulations, policies and procedures (i.e., quality, safety, environmental, personnel, training, etc.).
- Performs maintenance of equipment on job sight and while in shop.
- Communicates with maintenance personnel to ensure equipment is in working order and discuss necessary repairs and associated costs.
- Maintains a safe work area or job site by following Cardinal’s Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental (QHSE) and Standard Operating (SOP’s) procedures manuals.
- Drives to location, spots equipment into position, participates in the RU, execution and RD processes, performing assigned task.
- Ability to coordinate the rig-up and rig down process for Coil Tubing equipment.
- Operate Fluid Pumps and Nitrogen Pumps, monitor returns on levels, operates choke system, mixes chemicals and cement and assist service hands in operational concerns.
- Never engages pump without first checking positions and properly opening/closing, all valves in the circulating system so that pressure cannot be applied where it is not supposed to be.
- Never starts engines or energize any equipment without first obtaining permission from the Supervisor.
- Have an excessive understanding of N2 operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all required training is current at all times and attending all safety related meetings as defined by Cardinal or its customers.
- Demonstrates behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible serving as a role model for all district personnel and customers.
- Ability to trouble-shoot well issues in the field with assistance from office personnel.
- Access and supervise crew if a well control issue occurs.
- Ability to supervise operations while on location
- Ability to communicate to employees and operations concerning the coordination and status of Coil Tubing jobs.
- Performs special assignments required of him while in shop or on location.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervisor crew on location
Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/abilities· Current practices, equipment, materials, and supplies used in the Coil Tubing services business
- Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills· Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Accurately complete/maintain necessary reports/records in a timely and legible manner, in accordance with applicable procedures and/or work order
- Deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pound on a frequent basis, and 100 pounds on an occasional basis from floor to waist
- Lift up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis from waist to overhead
- Standing frequently, up to 12 hours per day
- Walking occasionally, up to 1 hour per day
- Sitting occasionally, up to 4 hours per day
- Reaching at arm length
- Pushing/pulling up to 30 pounds
- Climbing up to 15 feet
- Grasping and use of hand tools. Operation of equipment controls.
- Pass all physical requirements
- Able to wear Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) in IDLH atmospheres
- Work environment is primarily outdoors